Sunday, August 31, 2008

Week of August 24th

Kaitlyn started school this week in North Carolina!! Her famous quote of the week was that on Tuesday she sat by a girl on the bus that had a pimple on her neck!!! Ha Ha!!
We kind of had a CrAzY week here in good ole AZ!!! Brody has been sick!!! He had a cold last weekend and I tried to say on top of it by slipping him a couple vitamin C's a day and making sure he got his naps and stuff. But he was up most of Monday and Tuesday nights, and by Tuesday night he was laboring to breathe. I gave him 3 breathing treatments that night-- but they didn't seem to help!!! Wednesday I took him to Urgent Care and it turns out that he has bronchitis and an ear infection in both ears!!! Poor lil guy!!! He's been all jacked up on steroids to keep his lungs open so he has been quite the handful!!! It's a good thing he is SO cute!! :) Monday we had an INSANE rain storm in Queen Creek!! I have NEVER seen anything like it!! It started pouring as I was leaving to go pick up the kids from school. By the time I got out of our neighborhood I couldn't see 20 feet in front of me because the rain was coming down so hard!!! I slowly creeped my way to Tatum's school but by the time I got there it hadn't let up at all- in fact it seemed to be getting worse!! I had a little umbrella that luckily Chloe had thrown in the car--- but as soon as I stepped out of the van, it flipped all the way open! The wind was blowing so hard-- I kept envisioning the mean nannies on Mary Poppins being blown away by the wind.... the wind felt that strong!! I only made it about 20 steps though before I had to turn back around!! It was raining so hard that I felt like I was drowning!!! I got back in the car frustrated and scared because I didn't know how I was going to be able to get Tatum!!!! Brody was unusually quite which helped but Chloe was scared and kept asking why it was raining so hard. She didn't want to be left in the car alone while I ran to get Tatum. So we called Aunt Alicia (my sister) to talk to her while I drove to a closer spot and ran and got Tatum!!! We were both totally soaked!!! It was CRAZY!!!!! It was sheer chaos at the school-- there were little kids that were completely hysterical. It was so sad!!! I had Tatum though... that was the important thing!!! The rain still hadn't let up and I was nervous to drive in it-- but I knew I needed to go get Josh. Luckily I knew he was safe at my brother's house. So I was able to take my time driving in the crazy weather!! Once I got to my brother's house though we all went inside and rested for a bit!! I wanted to make sure the storm had passed-- or at least calmed down before I went back out in it!!! Needless to say we were all OK and made it home safely! When we did make it back home, our front yard was like a pond!! I thought for sure that Josh's football would be canceled. His practice is less than 10 miles from the house-- but when Lanny got there he said that it didn't even look like it had rained!!! Go figure!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chloe girl! Sorry we missed it! Glad ya' made it through the rain, Jeans!