Monday, January 12, 2009

Rooster Cogburn



So after all the Christmas festivities- we decided to take all the kids to Rooster Cogburn. It was SO much fun. It's an ostrich farm about 20 minutes outside of Casa Grande. Besides ostrichs- you can feed deer, mini donkeys, and larakeets. Feeding the birds was mine and Lanny's favorite part. It's like a giant bird cage and you take nectar in little cups and the birds swarm you to eat the nectar!!!! It was a lotta fun!! Tatum and Chloe didn't want the birds swarming them--- they were a little bit freaked out by it all. At one point a bird landed on Tatum's head and she went hysterical!!! It was really funny- although I did feel bad for her!!! Brody wasn't afaid of anything!!! He would put his whole hand in the deer and donkey's mouths!! It was really cute. Zoe, Josh, and Kaitlyn even ventured into feeding the deer with their mouths!!! Zoe wasn't too excited when she got a big kiss from one of the deer though!! :) She also wasn't too fond of the ostrichs when she got too close to them and they helped themselves to her treats. After feeding the animals and birds- we went on a big monster truck tour and learned all about ostrichs, the sonoran dessert, went 4 wheel driving in a big monster truck, and went ostrich fishing!!!! It was a fun filled day!!! We even ALMOST got outta there without any causualities..... as we were walking out Brody grabbed one of the ostrich eggs- yelled, "ball..... catch....." !!!!!! Needless to say we have a nice broken ostrich egg that we had to pay for!!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I have never heard of this place! It looks like you guys had a great day as a family! Loved all the fun photos :D
I am totally an animal lover, I must go there soon & check it out!